Tips - Dryck
St. Patrick's Day
En St. Patrick's Day-hälsning från Claire Gavin, vår Jameson Brand Ambassador i Sverige!
March 17th is always a much anticipated date in Ireland, and with good reason. Not only is it a day when the Irish feel a tremendous sense of national pride, it also brings friends and family together to celebrate (and we all know the Irish love to have a good time!).
St. Patrick’s Day gives us the opportunity to reflect on the rich history, traditions and heritage we have as a country. In my hometown
of Dublin, the city will be bubbling with energy and a festive atmosphere. You can expect to see thousands of tourists ticking “celebrate St. Patrick’s Day in Ireland” off their bucket lists. The good mood is infectious, and everyone - including the locals – is wearing green.
Aside from the annual Paddy’s Day parade there is Irish dancing, fun fairs and live bands playing on every corner. The pubs are buzzing with friends having the “craic”* and sharing stories over a glass of Irish whiskey.
For a small country with a population of less than 5 million, it’s incredible to think that over 70 million people worldwide claim Irish heritage. With this in mind, perhaps it’s not so surprising that St. Patrick’s Day is one of the most celebrated cultural holidays in the world.
Jameson Brand Ambassador in Sweden
JAMESON FUN FACTS
- John Jameson had 16 children
- Every drop is triple distilled for extra smoothness
- Our Master Cooper is a 5th generation barrel maker at the Midleton Distillery
- We lose 2% a year to the angel’s share… That’s 24,000 bottles every day!
- "Sine Metu’" is the Jameson family motto, and is Latin for ‘Without Fear’
WHAT CLAIRE WILL BE DRINKING
THIS ST. PATRICK’S DAY:
- Jameson, Ginger Ale & Lime
- Jameson Caskmates on the rocks